This policy explains what information we collect, why we collect it, and how we use it.
Date of posting: 10/08/2017
1.1 Uinspire.co.uk, including the services we offer through it, (“Uinspire.co.uk”) is owned and operated by Uinspire Ltd. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Uinspire Ltd.
2. The information we collect and how we use it
2.1 The information we collect on Uinspire.co.uk and the way we use that information includes the following:
When creating an account and joining the Uinspire.co.uk community, we collect:
· Your email address – this is not displayed publicly on Uinspire.co.uk. We use this information for the following purposes to manage and communicate with you about your access to, or use of, Uinspire.co.uk, as well as to inform you of updates to your account;
1. if you choose to support a campaign, we provide your e-mail address to the creator of the campaign (‘Campaign Owner’) once the campaign you have backed is successful to enable you to have direct discussions with him/her about the campaign;
2. to send you e-alerts when there is activity on a campaign that you have created, are supporting or are watching;
3. to send you newsletters from time to time containing news regarding activity and content on Uinspire.co.uk, unless you indicate that you do not wish to receive these emails at the time you enter your details on the registration page for Uinspire.co.uk. If you wish to stop receiving these newsletters, or e-alerts, you can do so at any time, by following the instructions in clause 11 ‘Editing your settings and unsubscribing from Uinspire.co.uk emails’;
4. ask you about your Uinspire.co.uk successes (e.g. if you successfully completed a Campaign). Any responses to such requests will be purely on a voluntary basis
5. reply to any correspondence you send to us; and or any other reasonable purposes related to Uinspire.co.uk or your membership.
· Your name. This is not displayed publicly on the Uinspire.co.uk unless you choose to display your name, rather than your username, when you support a Campaign. If the campaign you choose to support is successful in reaching its target funding within the target timescale, then, unless you pledge anonymously, your name (as shown on your bank account) is given to the Campaign Owner by our payment processors, GoCardless and Stripe, when your funds are taken from your account.
· By pledging you agree that your personal details given to the Campaign Owner may be used as relevant for reward fulfilment (i.e. your name on a wall of fame). If your details are used for anything else please contact the Campaign Owner. Please see our Terms and Conditions for the contract between you and the campaign owner.
· Your username – we ask you to provide a username by which you can be identified publicly. Please note that your username should not feature your last name or contain any other personal information that could be used to identify you (e.g. your address). If your username with Facebook (or any other third party authentication provider) contains personal information, we recommend you do not use such third party facilities to link to Uinspire.co.uk and instead create a Uinspire.co.uk account in the standard way. We reserve the right to reject usernames that are offensive, defamatory or which we otherwise think are unsuitable. If the campaign you choose to support is successful in reaching its target funding within the target timescale, then we will provide your username to the Campaign Owner so that they can contact you to arrange for your reward.
· Your postcode – Your postcode will not be disclosed to the public, except in the circumstances noted in the first paragraph below. We use your postcode:
1. if you are a Campaign Owner, to identify the location on the Uinspire.co.uk map in which your campaign is taking place, in order for Community Members to search for campaigns near a postcode; and
2. to provide you with information (including content and campaigns) that you might find interesting based on your location, (e.g. campaigns local to you).
· Any personal information you choose to include in your ‘My Profile’ page (e.g. your photo). We use this information:
1. to populate your profile. You photo is viewable by other users, where for example, you choose to support a Campaign. No other information in your profile is made publicly available by us; and
2. to facilitate interaction between Community Members.
3. Authentication providers
· If you choose to create a Uinspire.co.uk account using Facebook Connect (or any other authentication provider), we are provided with profile and photo data about you through their application programming interface (API). We use this to create your account, allow you to interact with Uinspire.co.uk and in some instances to identify you publicly on Uinspire.co.uk. For example, if you choose to support a Campaign, the photo from your Facebook profile will then be viewable by other users. By clicking on the authentication providers’ link, you are consenting to share this information with us.
· As a campaign owner we collect your phone number, date of birth, postcode, first name and last name. We reserve the right to use this data to send to a third party provider to verify your personal details. These details are not publically accessible, your postcode and date of birth are encrypted on our servers.
If you post information during use of Uinspire.co.uk, we collect:
· Any other personal information you choose to disclose during your use of Uinspire.co.uk. Examples include when you update your profile, list a news item, post a guide, make a comment, upload a photo, share a link, create a Campaign, send someone a message or otherwise engage in the Uinspire.co.uk community. This information is viewable by other users. We use this information to:
1. enable you to engage more fully with the Uinspire.co.uk community;
2. enable other members to search for you and communicate with you; and
3. enable other members to provide you with feedback.
3. How else we use your personal information?
3.2 “We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties”
4. Information sharing and disclosure
4.1 We share your personal information with selected third parties for the purpose of managing and administering the accounts and services provided to you through Uinspire.co.uk. We may further share and disclose this information with (i) other services that we own and/or operate; and (ii) third party sites that are affiliated to Uinspire.co.uk in order to better integrate those services with Uinspire.co.uk.
4.2 We do not sell or rent your personal information. We may, however, disclose information about you to the following, for the express purposes set out below:
If you create an account with Uinspire.co.uk:
· to our employees and agents for them to administer any accounts or services provided to you through Uinspire.co.uk. e.g. the sending of e-alerts on our behalf.
· if you check the relevant box to permit communications from our Sister Sites, to those partners, their employees and agents for them to send you communications regarding goods and services they offer.
If you post content:
· as a member you are publicly identified to other users of Uinspire.co.uk by your username. We therefore recommend that you do not use your real name as your username or provide any other personally identifiable information on the publicly viewable site, like your name or contact details;
· we may display some information that is publicly available on Uinspire.co.uk, on third party websites that are closely connected to the Uinspire.co.uk campaign and wish to embed Uinspire.co.uk activity. So, by way of example, user generated content such as titles of users’ posts on Uinspire.co.uk groups would be displayed on such third party sites with a link back to Uinspire.co.uk. To the extent that usernames or personal information is included in that user generated content on Uinspire.co.uk, it may be displayed on such third party sites. So for example if a listing included a username or a member’s photo, that information may also be displayed on the third party website. Just to be clear, this information will be embedded on any such third party website as a link. We will not hand over that information to the third party website;
· we may display some information that is publicly available on Uinspire.co.uk in the regular newsletters that are emailed to all registered users on the Uinspire.co.uk mailing list.
Transfer of business:
· Apart from the use and sharing of your personal information in the limited circumstances already described, the only ways we may share your information are if we need to disclose personal information to protect our and our licensors’ rights and property or to comply with any applicable law or valid legal process.
5. Payment providers
5.1 If you decide to support a Campaign by making a financial contribution to it using GoCardless, you will be directed to the payment processor GoCardless to process your payment. You will be invited to set-up a Direct Debit mandate with GoCardless. If the Campaign is successful in reaching 100% of its target funding within its target timescale, GoCardless will execute a one-off direct debit from your account only.
6. Using information about other Uinspire.co.uk users
6.1 You should avoid sharing any personal information including contact information with any other Uinspire.co.uk members. If you intend to share any such information, please exercise the same level of caution as you would dealing with a stranger. Never give any personal information to anyone until you are confident that it is safe to do so. You should in any event only reveal such personal information via secure communications that cannot be viewed by other people. You must treat any personal information that you receive from other Uinspire.co.uk members as private, confidential and use it only for the purposes for which the member provides it to you unless that member indicates to you otherwise.
7. Aggregated Information
7.1 We may share non-personal aggregated statistics data about visitors to Uinspire.co.uk and traffic patterns with third parties such as our Sister Services. Just to be clear, this information does not identify users in any personal capacity; it just gives generalised information about the users of Uinspire.co.uk.
Cookies and log files
8.2 We may also store information about you using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) which we can access when you visit our site in future. We do this to recognise you as a user when you return to this website using the same device and web browser.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
8.3 We use data from Google's Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics for marketing purposes.
8.4 By using Uinspire.co.uk, you are agreeing to the use of the cookies listed above.
10. How do we protect personal information?
10.2 As required by the UK Data Protection laws, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given to us, to prevent unauthorised access. In particular, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to encrypt your password. SSL encrypts the information you provide as it travels through the Internet. Encryption creates billions of code combinations to protect each transaction made on the website, so your password or information cannot be viewed by anyone else using the internet. Despite using this technology, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you disclose to us. You accept the inherent risks of providing information and dealing on-line and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or willful default.
11. Editing your settings and unsubscribing from Uinspire.co.uk emails
11.1 You can click the unsubscribe link included in an email or edit your settings by clicking on your username to view your Profile page and selecting “Edit Settings” or to:
stop receiving e-alerts or newsletters from us.
11.2 You can also edit your settings as described above in 11.1 to:
· change your location details
· stop receiving messages from other Uinspire.co.uk members;
· change your Profile picture;
· change your password.
12. Accessing and updating your personal information
12.1 You can access and edit information provided in your Profile. You cannot edit any comments you make on Uinspire.co.uk.
Your right to see your personal information
12.3 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by choosing certain options on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the address provided in clause 12.2.
13. Transfer of information outside EEA
13.1 Your personal information may be transferred to, stored at, or processed at a destination outside the EEA. It may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services.
15. Contact us
Uinspire Ltd's registered company number is 10723428.